I Was a Middle School English Teacher for 23 Years.
I Got You.
The only way to be an effective middle school teacher is to be a little crazy and create as much fun as possible.
I was more of a coach than a teacher, convincing, cajoling, and persuading 12 to 14-year-olds that they could be brilliant writers and discriminating readers, if they just put in the work.
And most of the time, I was successful.
Just think what we can do together in your training!
Certifications and Important Stuff
- USA Cycling Level 3 certified coach
- NICA Level 1 (mountain bike coaching for middle and high school kids)
- RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) certified coach
- RYT-200 certified yoga instructor
- Personal Training (NCCA-certified)
In my past lives, I was a writer and reporter out of college. I then spent 23 years as a middle school English teacher.
Now, I bring the lessons and experiences of my life to my clients as a coach for runners and cyclists.
I bring my teaching experience to yoga classes to help people build mobility and strength.
My personal training focuses on not just helping people get stronger, but helping them move more comfortably.
And in training to reach their cycling and running adventure goals, I can help clients learn to value the process of training and goal setting, lessons that can bring joy and health for the rest of their lives.
I’ve Tried a Lot of Different Sports
As a kid, I played basketball, football (the coaches put my tall, skinny self on the line, and I got crushed), baseball, and, in high school, a lot of tennis.
Lifelong asthma has always been a challenge for me, but endurance sports shaped my life.
- cross country skiing: Birkie and some other marathon events plus shorter races
- rowing (eight-man crew) in college
- bicycles: riding and racing road, mountain, cyclocross, and commuting
- running: a lot of 5 and 10k races and finished one marathon – which was enough for my knees
- plus hiking, some rock climbing
- I’ve also been a high school and middle school basketball coach
My Family Supports My Work as Coach, Personal Trainer, and Yoga Teacher
My amazingly tolerant and supportive wife Kate and teenager Sarah continue to support my athletic addictions and business ventures.
They constantly remind me that the process of training that keeps me happy is more important than any result.
We live just outside of Milwaukee.
We Offer the Process of Training You Need to Reach Your Goals
Simple Endurance Coaching builds a program of endurance training, strength training, and yoga to help you find your adventure.
With yoga, we practice breathing, mobility, and building strength.
Still Curious About What You Can Achieve with Me?
What are your goals? What adventures do you dream of?
Sign up for Virtual Coffee!